Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time Capsule

Reading:
The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. Told from the point of view of a dog, this book made me love the world and everything around me. It made me appreciative of being human, if that makes sense. Not because the dog's life is terrible, but because the dog's perspective of our world is one of wonder and awe.


Listening to:
1. Dirty Talk/Club Can't Handle Me Remix - The Metamorphosis
This song. I am obsessed with it. So danceable that it makes you get up out of bed and dance around in your pajamas (this may or may not have actually happened). I also love it for its message: don't apologize for being sexy.


2. Save Your Heart - Remady feat. Manu-L
Okay, this is straight-up house techno. Which is fine. But I also really like the guy's voice (just scratchy enough) and the lyrics (you got me going crazy can't you see, that I was made for you and you for me)! Also makes me dance no matter what I'm doing when it comes on.


3. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
We've all heard this one a thousand times, but I have just now fallen for it even harder. Combination of being able to relate it to my life, epic chorus, ability to run to it, the fact that it actually achieves what it sets out to do (make you remember what it's like to be head over heels) and beat. Just BEAT.


Wearing:
Here's a revelation: men's skinny jeans don't have any stretch in them, thereby working magic on your legs/derriere. I got some Levi's Skinny Authentics today and I'm hooked. They're also made of better denim than most girls' jeans, so they'll last longer and I can wear them in to that deliciously soft state I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment